Centrelink Multicultural Service Officer
Aims to ensure that people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds can use Centrelink easily. Free interpreters for Centrelink business.
Specialists who help migrant and refugee communities connect with our services.
Around 70 officers operate across Australia from metropolitan to regional and rural service centres.
What they do
Our Multicultural Service Officers (MSO) work with multicultural community groups, staff and other government departments to:
- promote the department and establish effective relationships in the community and across government
- improve service delivery to culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) customers by understanding their needs
- provide support and assistance in complex customer cases
- help our staff to communicate with multicultural customers through language services
- raise awareness and competency of our staff in servicing CALD customers
- establish and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders to raise the profile of multicultural services and the MSO program
If you speak a language other than English
We have a range of translated information in your language.
We provide free interpreters and a free translation service to help you conduct your business.
Call our Multilingual Phone Service to speak to someone in your language about Centrelink payments and services.
Multilingual Phone Service
We operate a national multilinguall phone service for customers receiving Centrelink payments and services.
Call the Multilingual Phone Service between 8 am and 5 pm local time, Monday to Friday to speak with skilled bilingual service officers.
If you need help with Medicare or Child Support services, you can call the Multilingual interpreting line. This will connect you to the national Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS).
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access Parking
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Languages For languages other than English call: 13 12 02
Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Communities, Indigenous, Interpreting