Maternity Support Services & Counselling
This free course is for first-time expectant parents. It’s an early intervention health promotion course that helps couples move from having just two members in their family, to three or more. If you are introducing your first baby into your family this course assists you to prepare yourself for a smooth transition to family life.
The course helps parents ease into parenthood—a new and important, but sometimes challenging, phase of their lives.
The course works to:
- strengthen family relationships
- build parents confidence in responding to their baby
- help parents to create their own support network outside of the program
- provide help on where to find support.
The first of the course’s three sessions starts around the last 10 weeks of pregnancy, with the last session held after the birth. During sessions, parents learn:
- to understand what their baby needs
- about couple and family communication
- to help their baby sleep
- when and where to get help and support and build social networks.
The program is conducted in a primary health care setting, using a community development approach.
Courses are conducted every 3 months and you will be allocated to group with other participants who have babies due around the same time.
You can register by completing this Intake assessment form.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Relaxing into Parenting (RiPP) and Baby Makes 3
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access Parking, Toilets
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Parent, Parenting Skills