General Youth Services
Stress Better is designed to assist young people to better understand stress, anxiety and worry, and the connection between the three. It equips students with tools to manage their stress more effectively. The session is punctuated with the presentation of a real life story as told by a MIEACT Volunteer Educator who has been living with mental illness.
This course is linked to the National Curriculum on Health and Well-Being.
By the end of this program, students will:
- have a greater understanding of the stigma experienced by someone living with a mental illness, in particular, anxiety;
- understand the connection between physical and mental health;
- know they are not alone if they have worries, stress or anxiety;
- understand they should get help as soon as possible, but that it’s never too late;
- will learn help-seeking strategies and how they are in charge of who you go to for help;
- learn strategies around unpacking their worries in order to reduce stress.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Stress Better is for any group of young people aged between 16 to 24 years old. Numbers are limited to 25 participants per workshop. The program is available in the ACT and regional NSW.
- The difference between worry, stress and anxiety
- Facts and figures - understand how common anxiety is
- The suitcase – understand how to unpack worries and concerns in order to reduce stress
- What worries you? Explore the top ‘worries’ within the classroom/group and compare this to the top concerns of young people across Australia.
- What’s important to us? The class examines why something is important to them.
- AAAH - students will learn about the ‘AAAH’ acronym. This is a tool for dealing with stress: Ask the question; Answer the question; take Action and seek Help
- The Zine - students are provided with a zine, which takes them through working with the acronym. This also provides helpful tips and information on where to get help.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Stress Better
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access Parking, Toilets, Lift
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges From 16 to 24 years of age