General Accommodation Services
Housing Services (part of the Queensland Department of Housing and Public Works) plays an important role in providing housing assistance to people who need it most. The department supports a social housing system that provides safe, secure, affordable and appropriate housing options which improves the lives of Queenslanders.
The department delivers a range of social rental housing through government-owned and managed dwellings, as well as through registered providers of community and local government-managed social housing. It also works to help people in need access and sustain housing in the private rental market, through bond loans, rental grants, RentConnect, and the National Rental Affordability Scheme.
You can apply for the range of housing assistance services by contacting your nearest Housing Service Centre.
RentConnect helps Queenslanders to find, secure and sustain a home to rent in the private market. RentConnect helps people who are able to manage a tenancy but who are struggling to access the private rental market due to non-financial barriers.
• Support to negotiate the private rental market
• Limited rental history
• Lack the required documents for private rental applications
• Needing help to find a suitable home
• Finding it difficult to negotiate with property managers
To receive one-on-one assistance for a RentConnect officer, a client needs to:
• Meet income requirements for social housing eligibility or be leaving social housing
• Be facing non-financial barriers to renting in the private market and be able to successfully manage a private rental tenancy.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Chermside Housing Service Centre
Similar Providers Nearby
Accessible By Anyone
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages