Child Protection Services
We provide a range of flexible and holistic interventions for children, young people and their families. We provide outreach support and will meet families in their home, or children and young people at their school.
We can help by:
- Offering emotional support to children or adults, restoring a positive and supportive family life and helping everyone in the family to know how to look after each other and remain safe;
- Providing information and support to help families adjust to living in Australia;
- Giving parents practical strategies around parenting, child development, money management and healthy eating;
- Introducing and engaging families in activities within their local and cultural communities; and
- Working collaboratively with other organisations and professionals to ensure families have appropriate supports and all their needs are met, while reducing the amount of assessments and referrals for families.
We have full access to interpreting services to support our engagement with families who speak languages other than English.
When a family agrees to support, a Family Support Practitioner will focus on building strong working relationships with the family and an understanding of their unique situation. They will co-create a plan with the family to meet their needs, in collaboration with other services who are already helping, or who we ask to provide additional support. The family will remain voluntarily engaged with us, until it is mutually agreed they feel able to independently manage family and home life. There is no time limit for our work together.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact Secondary to Intensive Family Support
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access This location has disabled access
Referral Required Contact us for details
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges All ages
Other Requirements Families with children under 18
Free parking is available outside in the carpark to parks signed for Accoras clients and visitors. There are additional carpark along the grass area on the left hand side of the building.
Visit website for eligibility
Children's Counselling, Mental health case management/continuing care, Outreach Service, Young Adults
Accoras is a for purpose organisation and registered charity working to strengthen the mental health, well-being and futures of people and communities. We do this with our 4 key streams of services and programs: - Child, Youth and Family Services - Employment Support - Psychology Services - Community Education ServicesVisit Accoras website