Community Service Clubs
The Returned & Services League of Australia (RSL) was founded in 1916 by soldiers returning from the trenches of World War I. The aim was simple – provide a helping hand for their mates.
Since 1916 the RSL has been making sure help is always at hand by providing much needed support, advice and camaraderie to the men and women of the Australian Defence Force (ADF).
Our services also include:
- FREE entitlement advice and advocacy services
- Low cost and emergency accommodation
- Home and hospital visits
- Family and bereavement assistance
- Veterans’ Affairs advocacy
- Emergency funding
- ‘Poppy’ Funeral services – no digger dies alone.
The RSL was founded on the values of recognition, service, loyalty, quality and mateship.
RSL (Queensland Branch) is committed to:
- Providing welfare and support for the wounded, injured and ill;
- Honouring the memory of the fallen;
- Preserving the enduring spirit of mateship; and
- Promoting the interests of veterans and ADF members to Government and the wider community.