The Commonwealth Carer Respite Centre is carer focused and provides carers with:
* Information, referral to services and respite;
* Respite booking services;
* Creative and flexible respite options;
* One off, short term or emergency respite (not ongoing);
* Emotional support; and
* Financial assistance with respite costs where applicable.
A carer is a family member or friend providing home based support for someone who is:
* Frail aged or has Dementia;
* An adult or child with a disability;
* A person with chronic illness;
* A person with a Mental Health condition; or
* Young carers.
The Commonwealth Carer Respite Centre and Carelink Centre provides an after hours emergency respite service.